Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome to my blog

First of all, what the heck does the word blog mean? What a stupid word. Anyways.....moving on.

This is my blog about being a mommy and about my amazing son. I have decided that after his passing, there are so many things I want to remember about him. I didn't have a ton of time after he was born to write. I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. So this is my way of remembering him.


I think that the theme of my blog is going to be the 97 days that Brendan was with us. I thought about posting 97 blogs over 97 days with 97 pictures, but I don't want to have an end to this blog. I think I am just going to write until I feel like stopping.


To open this blog, I am going to post one of my favorite pictures of Brendan. This picture was taken on November 15. It was the day before his second surgery to fix pyloric stenosis. The nurses had to shave his head to put a PICC line in. They told me that they were only going to shave part of his head but they ended up shaving all of it. It was so depressing because they weren't even able
to get a good vein. Seriously, a shaved head for nothing. The good thing is that the nurses saved his hair for me.



This is the epitome of Brendan. Always sleepy, but always aware of his surroundings. He always had at least one eye open and liked knowing what was going on around him. Whenever he heard daddy or mommy's voice he would pretend to be alseep, but would open his eyes slightly just to take a look at us. Once he saw that it was us, he would close his eyes again. I love this picture.

2 comments:

  1. I have been a friend of Carrie's for over 5 years now and we are lucky enough to live close by. This means that we have spent many Friday and Saturday nights together eating outrageous amounts of food and sometimes drinking outrageous amounts of wine! One of my favorite nights together was last year (I can't remember the exact date but we were both pretty pregnant). Anyway, we were sitting on the couch (eating of course) when she blurted out "I just love being pregnant!" It was so heartfelt and I knew at that moment that her little baby was already loved more than he would ever know. I am very glad and proud to have such a wonderful friend who has an incredible amount of strength and faith. Keep posting Carrie. I look forward to seeing all the photos and reading the stories about Brendan's time here with us. You are loved! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea Carrie! Looking forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete