(some colorful language, but I had to include to maintain the integrity of the post)
1. Opinions are like a$$holes, every one's got one, and most of them are full of s*%t.
2. You are never too old to surf. You are also never too young to learn.
3. Travel to Mexico often, buy cheap ceramic crap over the border and fireworks. Have fun blowing s*&t up.
4. You can't be the best at everything, but as long as you had a fun time trying, it was all worth it. That being said, excel in one thing you enjoy and find a way to make money doing it.
5. Gram Parsons is the man.
6. There is always room for Rainbow Stew.
7. Find time to be creative. Life is too short to waste on boring s*#t.
8. Listen to all different types of music, even if you aren't sure you like some of it. You will be better for it.
9. All music sounds better on vinyl. Except Kenny G, he sounds better buried in the backyard.
10. Don't be a fair weather fan. Stick by your team through thick and thin. (Go Lakers!)
11. Take care of your parents. They put up with your crap growing up, the least you could do is return the favor.
12. Make time for family. Always.
Thanks for being there when I needed you, always answering the phone when I call, letting me make my own mistakes, and not making me feel stupid when I realized I had made them. Happy Father's Day Dad.