Friday, January 6, 2012

The last cookie

I was eating cookies tonight. This is something that is a regular occurrence in my house (well, recently I have been eating just 2 or 3 because I want the size of my tookas to decrease in 2012). But tonight, something terrible happened. 

You see, Jeff and I were watching The Office. Not the recent episodes that are lame, but the ones with Michael Scott. The good ones. The funny ones. Anyways, as we were watching, I was eating my second favorite cookies: E.L Fudge Double Stuffed (yes, double stuffed is always better). *Side note: there are 6 or 7 Walmarts in Knoxville. Only one carries these amazing cookies. One. And it is not very close to my house. They all carry the regular E.L Fudge cookies, just not the Double Stuffed. This is not acceptable. Therefore I am forced to drive about 30 minutes out of my way just to get the double fudgy goodness. I think that I am going to write to my congressman.* Anyways, I was reaching my hand in and grabbing the cookies one by one. I was enjoying them, but was distracted by Michael Scott and his shenanigans.

I had eaten 3 cookies when I realized that there was one cookie left in the bag. I was looking forward to eating that last cookie. I was prepared to fully enjoy it's chocolatey goodness, fully prepared to savor the double stuffiness, when something awful happened.

There were no cookies left. The cookie that I thought was still in the bag was just a figment of my imagination. I had already eaten the last cookie. And I didn't get to fully enjoy it.

It is a sad day indeed.

I had already eaten the last cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Do the math, if you eat two at a time they would be double stuffed wouldn't they?? logical to me!

    ReplyDelete