Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day- Family Pictures



Mother's Day. Well I wouldn't be a mother without my amazing husband. He has been my rock for almost 6 years, and recently has let me lean on him even more. What a blessing you are Jeff. God knew what we were going to experience in our lives and put us together for a reason.

I also wouldn't be a mom without my little man Brendan. Brendan, you taught me so much about life. You taught me not to take anything for granted. You taught me to love unconditionally. You taught me to let go of relationships that are hurtful. You taught me so much more about the love of God than any pastor ever could. You are an amazing little man, and I have no doubt that you are in heaven fully aware of everything (with a fully formed brain) and you know the impact that you had on this earth. You know that although your time was short, it was important. Mommies have children thinking that they are going to be the ones doing all the teaching, but Brendan, you taught me so much. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for making me a mommy.

So, in honor of these boys in my life that have made me a mommy, I wanted to post some pictures of the three of us. We will forever be a family.

Our first family photo- 10/18/09 (Happy Birthday Brendan) Poor Brendan had to wear the little mask because his little heart couldn't pump enough oxygen into his body

10/19/09- Finally got to see Brendan after they transferred him to LA 6 hours after being born. It was a long several hours. This is also me having skin to skin time with him. They say that mommy's skin helps the baby bond and can also help the baby's heart rate.

10/31/09 Happy Halloween. I finally got to hold Brendan after several days of recovery after heart surgery. I must say, it was the best Halloween I have ever had.

Happy Thanksgiving Brendan! 11/26/09

12/07/09 Family time

12/16/09- Mommy's birthday. The only day that I spent away from Brendan. We went to Disneyland. It was a great day and a much needed day of fun. I saw him early in the morning and then later that night for an hour or so. The nurse said that he had a great day while we were gone and rested well in mommy's absence.

12/17/09 Brendan's first walk outside!

12/25/09 Merry Christmas! 

1/09/10- Our first family outing. We went to Carl's Jr. It was our first full day having Brendan home and we were totally out of food at home and were starving, so we took a walk down to Carl's. I asked some random guy to take the picture. I am not sure that he got why it was so important to us. We also couldn't find a way to get all three of us in the picture without moving Brendan and waking him up. He did so well on the walk!

1/17/10 Brendan's Baptism. Thank you Justin for coming over and praying with us and for giving us this wonderful gift. We actually went to the pool at our complex and Justin baptized him there. I love it!

Dear Lord, please take care of my little man in heaven. Please be with Jeff and I and help us to heal. Thank you for all the memories that you have given us and for the new life that is growing as we speak. You knew before Brendan was born, and even before Jeff and I were together, that we would go through this experience. Thank you for bringing Jeff and I together, and strengthening our marriage before you gave us this trial. I love you so much and I am thankful that you have given us the honor of being Brendan's earthly parents. We love you, Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment