Friday, April 16, 2010

God doesn't make misakes

Let there be no mistake Brendan. You have a purpose in this world, even though you are no longer in it. God knew what he was doing.

People have asked me if I wish we had miscarried, or if I think it would have been easier to not have gotten pregnant with you at all. Make no mistake, I wouldn’t trade those 9 months (and 2 days) that I carried you in my tummy, or those 3 months and 5 days you were here on earth for anything.

Do I wish that you didn’t have to experience any pain or discomfort? YES! But as we as Christians know, God has a plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes that plan involves pain and suffering, but it is all to bring us closer to him.

Your daddy and I have learned so much through your little life. All that was little about your life was the length of time you were on earth. You touched our lives, Brendan. Mommy and daddy have made a promise to stay together no matter what, even though mommy drives daddy crazy sometimes. We don’t take anything for granted and we remember what you taught us every day. God made us your parents for a reason. We aren’t sure why he chose us, but we are so glad that he did.

We have learned to love the people in our lives, and to get rid of the people that hurt us and don’t love us. We laugh every day and we try to enjoy what God has given us. We know that one day we will join you in heaven and that day won’t be a sad day, but a day that we get to meet our Maker and we get to see you again.

God knew what he was doing Brendan, and God doesn’t make mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful & perfect! Thank you, it is always so special to hear your heart:)... rub your belly for me:):):)!

    ReplyDelete