Thursday, August 26, 2010

Story of my life

Well, not really, but still.


I am currently in Chattanooga, TN staying with my in laws because although I have a house, I have nothing in it but a few (ahem, okay you caught me) several dust bunnies and cobwebs. This is about 2 hours- maybe a little less- from Knoxville.


Tomorrow the movers are delivering our stuff. I am very excited. They said they would arrive around 9:30. This is wonderful news because it means that I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to drive up there!


Then I got a phone call from Sears. They are delivering my washer (my very own washer!) and dryer (my very own that will dry my clothes that I will ignore for days on end and then have to re dry because they are wrinkled!) and my fridge (the one I am going to visit at midnight naked to get snacks for the baby-okay, really just me, but the baby likes chocolate too!). They are delivering all these wonderful things between 7:30 and 9:30 am. There goes my sleeping in.


I am going to have to wake up at 4:45 to leave the house at 5:00 so I can get breakfast on the road and be at the house before they get there. Because you know that if I am late, the will have already shown up and left, but if I am there early, they will come no earlier than 9:29.


Therefore I am going to pack up all my things (including the computer) tonight and load the car, and shower and get ready so I can wake up and go to meet the Sears delivery guy who will show up late. Stupid Sears.


I will let you know how it goes. Because I know that you are all waiting to hear what time they Sears guy will come. My life is that interesting. I know.


I will not have a computer until Saturday afternoon sometime because the cable guy is coming to the house between 8 and 12 and you know what that means? He will be there by 2, and I will be starving, cranky, tired, and without internet, and without an avenue to vent my frustrations online. 


Stupid Comcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment